Willowhaven Nature Center
- Address: 1451 N 4000 E Rd, Kankakee IL 60901- Currently located on the Whispering Willows Park, during the Summer of 2017 the park will be changing the name to the Willowhaven Park and Nature Center.
- Spring- Fall Hours: Wednesdays - Fridays 10a - 2p, May 4 - October 28, 2016.
- Additional Fall Hours: 10am-2 pm Saturday, September 10 & October 8
- Rental Amenities: Multipurpose room and main exhibit hall
- Exhibits: Touch tables with pelts, antlers, replica tracks & scat, minerals, seeds, & bones, reading nook, live animals including turtles, snake, spider, salamander and fish, mounted animal displays including a black bear, beaver, goose, and albino raccoon.
- Outside Features: 1 mile of limestone hiking trails, butterfly & wildflower gardens, and fishing piers. Fishing is allowed year round, catch and release only.
History of the Willowhaven Center
The Willowhaven Nature center is open to the public Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 10am-2pm May - October. Programs and rentals are still available during months of March-December. Click here to learn more about facility rentals at Willowhaven.