Family Fishing Derby
Thank you to all who participated in the BTPD Family Fishing Derby! We had some great catches this year and we will post photos Monday afternoon of some of the winners!
Calling all fishermen! We have a challenge for you! It's time to see if you can make the catch of the day at the annual Whispering Willows Park catch and release fishing derby. Prizes will be awarded for the biggest catch as well as a number of other fun categories. Biggest catches will be photographed and put in local papers & web sites! Check-in starts at 8:00 a.m. You can pre-register today at any BTPD facility, online or registrations will be taken on site the day of the event!
- Age(s): All ages are welcome, children must be accompanied by an adult
- Date(s): Sunday, June 12
- Time(s): On Site Registrations & Check-in begin at 12:30 p.m. Derby runs from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. Awards at 4:30 p.m.
- Location: Whispering Willows Park, 1451 N. 4000 E Road Kankakee, IL 60901
- Fee: $6 per person in advance, $8 per person the day of
- Register Online
- Catch and Release Fishing only
- Fishermen/women must provide their own gear and bait.
- Bank and pier fishing only (no boats please).
- All participants must pick up after themselves; trash must be disposed of in appropriate containers.
- No alcohol allowed in the park.
- All catches must be recorded by event staff to count toward prizes. A checking station will be located outside of the nature center and event staff will regularly check catches caught around the Willowhaven Pond.
- Fish must be caught on site between the hours of 2:00pm and 4:00pm to count toward prizes.
- An air horn will signal the start and stop of the event.
- Biggest fish caught will be awarded the Fishing Derby Trophy at the 4:30 p.m. awards ceremony.
For more details on the Family Fishing Derby please contact Nicole Jenkins at (815) 933-9905 ext 472.